What is the most widely used high-tech device today? The answer is evident – a mobile phone. With the number of smartphone users constituting two-thirds of the world population, any business idea related to this gadget (if properly implemented) is doomed to success.
Since modern smartphones aren’t just communication tools but rather multi-functional contrivances used for entertainment not least of all, game development for mobile devices is a lucrative industry promising outrageous profits. As the story of Pokémon GO has shown, the global gaming community that is expanding at a tremendous speed is ever hungry for offbeat ideas and breathtaking intricacies of game plots capable to keep them glued to their phone screen for hours.
Realizing bonanza vistas this domain opens for creative people, a large pool of potential millionaires is ready to offer avid gamers their unique brainchildren. The key choice they have to make is whether to try building the product themselves or opt for outsourcing mobile game development.
A DIY Approach in Game Development
For many budding game developers, doing things themselves (especially if you are the author of the idea) seems the most natural solution. In the age when all kinds of tutorials, manuals, and guides are available on YouTube, producing a viable software product may appear a cakewalk. The DIY model looks particularly appealing if one remembers high expenditures on hiring specialists in the field while taking the development process into one’s own hands is sure to cost you nothing. Moreover, self-styled game architects won’t have to worry about someone else’s ability to meet deadlines, synchronization of the efforts of various specialists involved, their work ethic, and possible overhead expenses.
However, being perfect in theory, an ingenious scheme of DIY game development has all chances to go wrong at the implementation stage. It is likely to happen because of two main reasons.
First of all, many laymen in software development tend to overrate their abilities and zest, biting off more than they can chew. Having had a brisk start, they may soon find their enthusiasm fizzle out when they face a job of work to do. For instance, proselyte developers may not realize that they will have to choose the operating system of the devices their game will be played on (Android or iOS) – or create two versions of their game. Each system has its own peculiarities, so the development process will have to be unique in each case. Moreover, developing a game for Android-powered gadgets is going to be more complicated since Apple devices aren’t that variegated as their competitor counterparts. The immensity of the task becomes finally patent and intimidates would-be developers, so the project hardly goes further than some initial steps and a promising idea never reaches fruition.
Second of all, even if the game is completed, the result doesn’t bring satisfaction both to the novice developer and the user audience. Such games are prone to have inadequate graphics and poor performance, so gamers largely ignore them, which spells a failure for the project as a business venture. Too late do the creators realize that cheap turns out to be expensive, so for mobile game development outsourcing is the only viable solution.
Benefits of Outsourcing Mobile Game Development
When you address a professional developer, you get serious boons that ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Ability to choose the game studio. With electronic games being a product in high demand, there are a plethora of companies that offer mobile game development services. Comparing prices and looking into their portfolio you can determine yourself the best price/quality ratio.
- Access to a pool of experts in the field. By hiring outsourcers, you will employ a group of specialists who know their area inside out and have a long history of working together on various projects. Having accumulated considerable experience, they are likely to suggest improvements to the game idea that will make the final product more marketable.
- The excellence of the technical side. Having all available machinery and technologies at their fingertips, outsourcers will ensure utilizing the latest achievements in the sphere which guarantees the high quality of the output.
- Control over the development process. Delegating the job to a third party doesn’t mean losing control over the process or the final product. While signing a contract with the outsourcer, you can (and should) stipulate deadlines, tracking mechanism, and communication procedure you will be comfortable with.
- Update discounts. As a rule, outsourcers that value their reputation and are interested in lasting cooperation offer various perks to customers, including cheaper updates of the game.
All of these can be yours if you choose the right outsourcer. MeliorGames is a reliable partner with substantial experience in the field and a committed team of experts that can implement any game idea that you might have, surprising you with the flawless quality of the outcome and reasonable pricing policy. Read also how much you can save by choosing a game development outsourcing service
Investment in mobile games is a surefire recipe for financial success for years to come. By outsourcing game development, you are sure to get a first-rate product that will stand out among the rest and win you a loyal audience of gamers, bringing a torrent of revenues into your coffers at the same time.